To follow are the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about City of Waterville services.

  • How can I find out how Waterville’s city government works? This information can be found on our web site by visiting the City Council or Administration pages.
  • How can I determine which Ward I live in? An alphabetical street list is available on the City Clerk’s web pages at: Once you find your street name on the list, you can find your Ward in the Ward/Precinct column on that same list.
  • How do I register to vote or change my voter registration information, or vote in an upcoming election? The City Clerk’s office provides information about voter registration, elections and absentee voting on their web pages.
  • How can contact my City Councilor or find out dates of Council meetings? City Council contact information and meeting dates is available online. If you do not know who your City Councilor is, please call the City Clerk’s office at 207-680-4210 or email
  • Where can I register my car, pay taxes and get property information? You can register your car, or other motor vehicle, and pay property taxes in the City’s Finance Office located at City Hall. Some services are also available online. Specific property information can be found online or at the Assessor’s Office at City Hall.
  • Where can I get copies of vital records such as birth, marriage or death certificates and/or geneaology information? The City Clerk’s office at City Hall can help with all of these items. Some services are also available online.
  • Where can I get my hunting and fishing license? This can be done at the City Clerk’s office at City Hall and in also by utilizing the State of Maine’s online services.
  • Where can I get my driver’s license or State ID? While the City of Waterville does not do this directly, the State’s Bureau of Motor Vehicles does use the City’s Council Chambers space every 1st Monday and 2nd and 4th Friday of each month, unless it falls on a legal holiday, for driver’s licensing and State ID’s. For More Information:
  • Where can I find information about Waterville schools? Waterville Public Schools are part of AOS 92. For more information, visit their web site at:
  • How do I find out if the City is hiring? The City’s Human Resource Office provides information about any municipal job openings. The Mid-Maine Chamber of Commerce also keeps a job board of available positions in the area: Mid-Maine Chamber Job Board.
  • Are there volunteer opportunities available with the City? The City’s requires volunteers for its Boards or Committees, the City does not offer other volunteer opportunities. We do, however, keep a list of agencies within Waterville that need volunteers. The list can be found here.
  • How can I find out when my rubbish or recycling pick up is? All of the information pertaining to rubbish and recycling collection, including special events such as hazardous waste day, Christmas Tree Collection and yard waste drop-off/pick-up, can be found on the Public Works page on our web site.
  • Where do I go to place a complaint about a City department or City employee? Complaints should be addressed to the department head of the department or individual you have concerns about. For example, if you have an issue with rubbish collection, you would contact the Public Works Director. Each department page on our web site, provides the name and contact info for the department head/supervisor for that department. Departments can be found in the header menu on every page on our web site.

Click here to go back to the listing of FAQs categories.