To follow are The most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about services and shopping in the City of Waterville.
- Does Waterville have a library? Yes, Waterville has a wonderful public library. The Waterville Public Library offers daily youth and teen activities and even has a separate “teen room.” The Library features, books, audio and digital books, DVDs, magazines and periodicals as well as computers/internet service. Additionally, the Library features a Business and Career Center which provides free resources and services for job seekers, career development and entrepreneurial research.
- Does Waterville have a museum? Yes, Waterville’s Redington Museum is located on Silver Street. The Redington Museum is owned and operated by the Waterville Historical Society in Waterville, Me. In addition to the Museum, the City’s South End features a Museum in the Streets and the downtown offers a Downtown Walking Tour, both are self-guided.
- Does Waterville have public transportation? The Kennebec Explorer provides low-cost and convenient community bus service for Waterville, Augusta, and nearby communities. There are also taxi service providers in Waterville. Uber can also be used in Waterville.
- Does Waterville have book and/or music stores? Yes. Waterville is home to several new and used book stores. Bull Moose, located in the Elm Plaza on Main Street, offers a variety of new and used books. The Record Connection has a large selection of LPs, 45 RPMS, new and used CDs, antiquarian books, other rarities and music memorabilia.LPs, tens of thousands of 45 RPMs, new and used CDs, antiquarian books, and other rarities. LPs, tens of thousands of 45 RPMs, new and used CDs, antiquarian books, and other raritiesLPs, tens of thousands of 45 RPMs, new and used CDs, antiquarian books, and other raritiesThe Children’s Book Cellar features new books for all ages and is located on Main Street in downtown Waterville. Re-Books, located in the Concourse, offers used, rare and out-of-print books for readers and researchers.
- Does Waterville have a Farmer’s Market or local growers where you can buy organic food and produce? Yes, the Downtown Waterville Farmers’ Market is held weekly (seasonally) outdoors. During the winter months, it is held once a month at the MaineGeneral Thayer Hospital Campus.
- Does Waterville have a supermarket? Yes, Waterville has several supermarkets. They include two Hannaford Supermarkets (JFK Mall and Elm Plaza), Shaw’s, Save-a-Lot, Caswell’s Liquidation (reduced price food and home goods) and Uncle Dean’s Good Groceries (health foods and organic items).
- Are there places to hold weddings and large events in Waterville? Waterville has several meeting, event and wedding locations as well as catering options for such events. Click here to view or print a list.
- Does Waterville have a car wash? Yes, J & S Oil Car Wash a touchless car wash is located on Kennedy Memorial Drive in Waterville. Kennebec Auto Service, on College Avenue, also features a self-serve car wash. Additionally, there are several car detailing services offered in the area.
- Does Waterville have dry cleaning services? Yes, Grondin’s Certified Cleaners is located on Main Street in Waterville.
- Does Waterville have gas stations and convenience stores? Yes, Waterville has several gas stations and convenience stores located throughout the city.
- Does Waterville have a laundromat? Yes, C.N. Brown/Big Apple offers a laundromat at their 33 Elm Street location. Highlander Laundry and Tanning is located at 84 Elm Street in Waterville. Please note: While still found in internet searches, Garden Island Laundromat & Dry Cleaners, formerly located at 380 Main Street, has CLOSED.
- Does Waterville have pediatricians and doctors and dental offices? Yes, Waterville is home to several pediatricians, family doctors and clinics, dentists, specialty doctors and psychiatrists, as well as two hospitals, specialized clinics and several pharmacies.
- Where is the nearest hospital? We have two hospitals right here in Waterville; Inland Hospital and MaineGeneral’s Thayer Campus.
Click here to go back to the listing of FAQs categories.