To follow are The most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about pets in the City of Waterville.
- Does Waterville have a dog park? Yes. The Waterville Dog Park is located on the West River Road, next to the Pine Ridge Golf Course. Parking is available at the golf course for the dog park. It is located next to the garage and is clearly marked. There is no charge to utilize the dog park, but we do ask patrons to be responsible and clean up after your dog.
- Are there breed restrictions for dog owners? No, there are no dog breed restrictions in Waterville.
- Is there a limit to the number of dogs you can own? City Ordinance only allows up to a 3 dog maximum.
- Where do I license my dog(s)? This can be done right at City Hall in the Finance or City Clerk’s office. Services can also be done online for a fee. For more information about dogs and dog licensing in Waterville: http://www.waterville-me.gov/clerk/dog-licensing-information
- Does Waterville have a veterinarian? Yes, local vet clinics include: New England Animal Hospital and the Animal Hospital of Waterville.
- Is there an animal shelter/humane society in Waterville? Yes, the Humane Society Waterville Area is located at 100 Webb Road in Waterville. They provide adoptions for dogs, cats, “pocket pets” and more.
- Are there pet supply stores in Waterville? features healthy dog and cat food and supplies, as well as a self-serve dog wash. Loyal Biscuit also offers pet events such as nail clipping and grooming clinics, pet portraits, etc.
- Are farm animals allowed within the city of Waterville? This depends on which zone you live in. If you don’t know the zone, you can look it up on the City’s Zoning Map. Then you would look up the permitted uses for your zone, as found in the Zoning Ordinance.
- Are dog kennels allowed in Waterville? Regulations regarding animal husbandry and boarding kennels can be found in the City’s Zoning Ordinance, Article 4, Section 4.3.3: Animal Husbandry and Boarding Kennels.
Click here to go back to the listing of FAQs categories.