City of Waterville City Clerk Department
The mission of the City Clerk’s office is to accurately maintain all city records, conduct elections with professionalism in accordance with State Law, issue State and City licenses, and provide information to both City officials and the general public in a friendly and confidential manner.
The Department, as required per Maine State requirements, is responsible for the following:
- Coordinating election administrations for the City.
- Recording and maintaining all vital statistics records.(birth/marriage/death) for the City.
- Issuing hunting and fishing licenses.
- Serving as custodian of all official City records.
- Administering the city-wide dog licensing program
In addition, per the City Charter requirements, the office of the City Clerk must:
- Maintain a complete and accurate record of City Council proceedings
- Preserve official City records
- Provide administrative support to the City Council
- Prepare the City Code of Ordinances for codification
- Administer the city's business licensing program, which licenses over 25 different types of businesses.