1st Annual Earth Day Move & Groove!RSS
Sponsored by: Waterville Senior High School's Jobs for Maine Graduates
The 1st Annual Earth Day Move & Groove is a celebration of our local and global community. The event is designed to encourage friends and families to move together, to learn from each other about sustainable practices, to enjoy local food, and to create recycled art.
9:30am-12pm: Registration for the 5K and/or Clean-Up at Head of Falls (on Front Street)
10am: Earth Day 5K & Downtown Clean-Up begin
11am-3pm: Finish Line Festival at Head of Falls
Earth Day 5K
• Run/walk/bike, noncompetitive
• No registration fee; donations accepted
• Want to pre-register? Follow this link!
• Participants will work in teams
• Maps of target clean-up areas will be provided
• Trash bags, plastic gloves, and limited tools will be provided, so bring your own tools if you have them (rakes, clippers, shovels, brooms, etc.)
Finish Line Festival (at Head of Falls)
• Barrels Market food booth; Snacks: 10:30am-3pm; Hot food: 12pm-3pm
• Live music, 11am-3pm
• Relay races starting at 1pm - tug of war, sack races, etc.
• Interactive environmental demos and booths, 11am-3pm (including recycling and composting demonstrations, paper making by Sustain Mid-Maine)
• Bicycle activities, 11am-3pm - maintenance demos, obstacle courses, etc.
• Recycled Art, 12-3pm - recycled fort building, recycled kite building & flying, etc.
For more information:
• David Gulak, Barrels Market, 660-4844, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Shannon Haines, Waterville Main Street, 680-2055, email@example.com