In-person Absentee Voting is available now at City Hall from 8am-5pm Monday-Friday, through Thursday, November 2nd.
Extended Hours: Extended hours will be offered on Wednesday, November 1st from 5pm-7pm.
Directions: In-person Absentee Voting will take place in the I.T. Training Room on the Main Floor of City Hall and will be clearly marked with signage.
- To access the I.T. Training Room, from the front doors (facing Castonguay Square), turn right upon entering the lobby and follow the signs toward the Front Street end of City Hall.
- To access the I.T. Training Room from the former police department entrance (ground level, facing Front Street), proceed up the stairs upon entering and turn right at the top of the stairs. The Training Room is the second door on your right from the top of the stairs.
General Absentee Ballot Information
The state law permits absentee ballots to be cast at any election by any voter who properly requests a ballot. Voters can request an absentee ballot for any reason, until the Thursday before the upcoming election. Absentee ballots become available at the City Clerk’s Office 30 days prior to the election.
Waterville voters may request an absentee ballot at any time beginning 60 days before an election. The statewide deadline for requesting an absentee ballot is at the close of business on the Thursday before election day. Voters needing to obtain an absentee ballot after this deadline may do so if there are extenuating circumstances, such as medical emergencies.
- A voter may vote by absentee ballot in person at City Hall, located at 1 Common Street. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Before each major election, the City Clerk’s Office offers special evening hours to allow an opportunity for residents to register to vote or to cast an absentee ballot. This will take place on Wednesday, November 1st, from 5pm-7pm.
- A voter may request an absentee ballot over the phone by calling (207) 680-4211 during regular business hours. Absentee ballots requested over the phone are mailed out on the same day and can be returned by mail, in person at City Hall, or by an immediate family member. Absentee ballots must be returned by 8:00 p.m. on election day – Tuesday, November 7, 2017.
- Voters and immediate family members of voters can request an absentee ballot by submitted a completed Application for Absentee Ballot by 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding the election – November 2, 2017.
- For state-wide elections, an online absentee ballot request service is available, which is activated prior to each upcoming election.