cityhalldoorsMarriage Licenses & Ceremonies at City Hall:
The City of Waterville can help with your wedding plans in more ways than you’d think! Aside from applying for your marriage license at the Clerk’s office, our notaries can perform marriage ceremonies right at City Hall and in Castonguay Square between 8am and 4pm, Mon-Fri, for a flat fee of just $125. This is a great option for couples who do not want to spend a lot of money on a big wedding. Stop in and tie the knot!

Location, Location, Location:
To view area locations who offer facility rentals and catering options for your big day, click on the hyperlinks above for a printable list.

The City’s Parks and Recreation Department, along with the Police Department, also approve permits for small and large wedding ceremonies and receptions in our City parks including:

  • The Head of Falls by the historic Two Cent Bridge –A great spot for large weddings.
  • Castonguay Square (right next to City Hall) – A popular spot for small ceremonies.
  • The Yurt at the Quarry Road Recreation Area – A truly unique 4-season spot to hold your private ceremony.

To complete a permit application to hold your wedding on City property, click here. There is no charge to apply for or receive a permit for the use of City property.

The following individuals are authorized to perform marriages in Maine:

  • Ordained ministers of the gospel
  • A person licensed to preach by an association of ministers, religious seminary or ecclesiastical body
  • Judges or justices (residents of Maine only)
  • Lawyers admitted to the Maine Bar (residents of Maine only)
  • Maine Notaries – Search for Maine Notaries by Location or Name